If you think you may need a new prescription for medicine, please make an appointment with the doctor.
About Repeat Prescriptions
- Repeat prescriptions are normally for patients with long-term conditions who receive regular treatment.
- Your doctor will explain the repeat prescription system upon beginning regular treatment.
- You can order a repeat prescription via:
- this website using SystmOnline (at 'Do it Online')
- dropping the repeat reorder form (with the required medications ticked) into the surgery
- by post
- via a pharmacy service (please ask your pharmacist)
- Please allow at least 48 hours after submitting your request before collecting your prescription from the surgery.
- Your doctor will review all repeat prescriptions regularly.
- Patients with some chronic illnesses such as diabetes, hypertension, heart disease and asthma will be seen regularly for monitoring of their condition.
- Please tell us of any changes to your repeat prescription list made at the hospital or if you stop any medication by yourself.
- Do not stockpile unwanted drugs at home – return them to your chemist
Parmacies may have different processing/collection times to Bosworth Medical Centre. Please check with your pharmacy.
The NHS prescription charge is a flat-rate amount which successive Governments have thought it reasonable to charge for those who can afford to pay for their medicines. Prescription prepayment certificates (PPCs) offer real savings for people who need extensive medication.
There is further information about prescription exemptions, fees and PPCs available on the NHS website.